Professor Green was on BBC Breakfast this morning talking about his latest single Photographs. He has started a social media campaign #WishThatITookMorePhotographsOfUs
This was a really interesting interview to me and also researching the concept behind it afterwards. Talking of loss of a family member and how photographs are so important in terms of memory and our feelings towards this.
It made me think of the family members that I have lost both recently and the ones that Alzheimer’s stole from me.
Perhaps this could lead to a new shift in my work and made me think deeper into the concept behind my work.
Things to Explore:
- Images and silhouettes of me and grandma – layered over my memories of the places that mean something to me.
- Working title suggestions
- Gone but never forgotten – the cruel reality of dementia
- Stolen Moments
- The Memory Thief
- Stolen moments the crimes of the memory thief
- Stolen Memories
- Dementia – The Memory Thief
- Stolen Moments – The Memories Dementia Erased